Friday 16 March 2007

This Old Gal needs some lovin'

Before Christmas last year I was having doubts as to whether this boat could take another Christmas trading on-slaught. The fact that we're so popular as a Christmas party venue because we're a boat means that all of the boats amenities were to be in for another full on battering once more, the poor old kitchen, the tired carpets, the churning systems, cranks and shafts could they all keep going for one more silly Santa season? Of course they could, this boat was built to last by 'skilled craftsmen', (well a thoughtful eccentric Swede and an estranged Glastonbury festival legend who both know a thing or two when it comes to boats). What was really itching away at me was that after 21 years of serving great food was that this old gal needed some tender loving care. She needs treating, in fact positively spoiling and why not. 21 years is a great innings for any restaurant and the shear fact that it's Her 21st is more than a good enough reason to get our imaginations going, the cheque book out and the excitement juices flowing, lets do it!
What shall we do then? chef said: er.. new kitchen, I said: er...new restaurant, Owners said: er... how about a new hull!! This is serious TLC.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel I have been led down the primrose path here. I was prepared to offer my, ahem, services - to a lady of a certain age in need of spoiling but I now read you are referring to a boat ! Never mind, I shall just have to take my search up to Clifton where I am sure I can find some housewives who may be in need of some excitement in the afternoons..

 

AmazingCounters.com
Millets Coupon